Agent Name David Clesceri
Our real estate agent in La Habra California our agent is an expert in the local market. Work with the top Realtor in La Habra that has a proven track record.
Kevin Leonard Mortgage Expert
Real Estate Agent La Habra
Connect with Agent David Clesceri
Direct Phone: 714-396-3283
DRE LIC. # 01255492
La Habra: A Good Choice
Have the best real estate agent La Habra has to offer supply you with all the information you need about the city and its data. Here are some of the main stats and figures about the city. The city of La Habra is an incorporated community located in the northwestern part of Orange County, California. It has a land area of 7,370 square miles (19.09 square kilometers), a population of 60,239 and a population density of 8,166.8 per square mile (3,153.2 per square kilometers) as per figures obtained from the 2010 United States Census.
The city shares its borders with the following towns and cities: its sister city, La Habra Heights, on the north side; Fullerton on the south and southeast side; Brea, eastern side; La Mirada on the southwest and a considerable portion of the west; Whittier, northwest side; East Whittier, the remainder of its western border; and Unincorporated Los Angeles County, northeast side.
Population Data and Ethnicity Makeup
Of La Habra’s 60,239 residents, almost all of them (99.4%, or 59,899) reside in households, while the rest (0.6%, or 340) are in institutions such as hospices and homes for the aged. In terms of ethnicity, pure Caucasians or Non-Hispanic Whites make up the majority of the city’s population, at 58.3% or 35,147 residents. Asians came in second among identified races at 9.4% or 5,653, while African-Americans come in third at 1.7% or 1,025 people. Native Americans follow at 531 or 0.9%, and Pacific Islanders are the least at 103 or 0.2% of the population. About 15,224 people or 25.3% are from races that are not specified but are part of the community, while 2,556 or 4.2% from two or more races. Those with Hispanic or Latino heritage comprise a majority of the overall population, with 57.2% or 34,449 people tracing their roots to Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries.
History of La Habra
La Habra traces its history back in 1839, when the territory in Southern California consisting of 6,698 acres (27 square kilometers) of land, comprised of present-day La Habra and La Habra Heights, was bought by Mexican Mariano Reyes Roldan, who in turn named it “Rancho Cañada de La Habra”, or Pass Through the Hills. Ownership of the rancho changed hands in the 1860s, with American Abel Stearns purchasing it from Reyes Roldan and in turn leading to the foundation of La Habra as a settlement in 1896.
On January 20, 1925, it became an incorporated community of 3,000 residents, and in 1950, its population hit 5,000 and ballooned further with the blossoming of Orange County. From a post office, which was set up in 1898 along present-day La Habra Boulevard, administrative facilities pertinent to a settlement were also built, among others the fire department headquarters in 1930, the city hall in 1935, and the city’s civic center, which was completed with the building of the County Library in 1966 and the present administrative building in 1969.
The La Habra Police Department, established in 1926, serves as the main provider of peace and order in the city, with 70 personnel as of 2008. The city is generally peaceful as compared to other cities in the county; however, there are several breaches observed, as evidenced by it ranking third among officer-involved shootings within a four-year period (2004-2008), and the 2007 fatal shooting of Michael Cho, where the city had to pay $250,000 in September 2010 as compensation.
Owning a Property
If you are looking at owning a home within driving distance to Los Angeles or even organize disposal of your property, we have our highly-competent Realtors based in La Habra who would be more than happy to assist you with your inquiries and even help in finding the right prices for a new home.We hope our real estate agent La Habra page provided you with enough information about the city. For more detailed housing information contact our Realtor.